Posted on: January 9, 2018
Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church is seeking a full time Associate Rector for Spiritual Life, Faith Formation, and Pastoral Care. This position reports directly to the Rector and must work collaboratively with the staff, ministry leaders, vestry, and volunteers of Saint John’s.
- Share in the pastoral and sacramental leadership of the parish including regular preaching, celebrating, & pastoral care;
- Develop & support the pastoral care ministries of the parish, including Lay Eucharistic Visitors, Community of Hope International, & prayer chain;
- Develop & support adult faith formation opportunities (Sunday Forums, seasonal Lenten series, retreats, & Bible studies) in collaboration with the Formation Commission;
- Form & maintain new & continuing Spiritual Life groups, including small groups, house groups, & demographic groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Gifts for preaching & teaching;
- Strong organizational/organizing skills, is pro-active, & a self-starter;
- Ability to collaborate, coach, mentor, & lead others;
- Proven experience & strengths in pastoral care, & knowledge about lay pastoral ministry;
- Knowledgeable about discipleship & current resources for helping others grow into mature Christian faith;
- Can work with a diverse team, representing many abilities & backgrounds;
- Passionate about following the Way of Jesus & helping others do the same.
- Ordained priest (or transitional deacon) in the Episcopal Church;
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of responsibility;
- Called to parish ministry & working with people in all stages of their faith journey.
Commensurate with experience. Includes benefits.
How to apply
Please email resume and a brief introduction to the Reverend Jered Weber-Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Rector” in the subject line, no later than February 5, 2018. Please know we are praying with you as you discern whether you are being called to serve in the mission of God and to ministry at Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in Saint Paul, Minnesota.