Posted on: August 15, 2018
Our Saint John’s small groups are a place to go deeper into relationship with each other and with God.
- We have a number of groups of 8-12 members who meet for spiritual support and a shared life of faith. Contact the Rev. Julie Luna if you are interested in joining one of these.
- Our Men’s Group meets in the Fireside Room on the second Tuesday of each month. Men are welcome to drop in any time. Contact Josh Colton for details.
- Our Young Adults small group is active and growing! The group meets one weekday a month for activities like trivia night, and also gathers for brunch after worship on the 3rd Sunday of each month. Open to everyone who identifies as a Young Adult. Contact Jayan Nair about the brunches, or get in touch with Kevin Seitz-Paquette to talk about all other young adult activities.
- We have a new group for Young Families: parents and children (birth-elementary school aged). Contact the Rev. Julie Luna to join or ask questions.
- A group for Women is starting this fall. Would you like to gather with other women once a month to share stories, listen to speakers, learn about each other, share your faith life, and build community? Please let the Rev. Julie Luna know you’re interested. We’ll begin meeting as soon as we have enough interested people.
In our New Testament stories we learn that Christ is present when two or three are gathered to break bread and share stories in his name. Small groups at St. John’s are a fabulous way to engage in sabbatical time all year long; to step out of our lives briefly to share hospitality with others. They are places where we are, truly, “Companions in Transformation.”