The St. John’s-Holy Apostles Farmers’ Market is returning to our parking lot this summer, beginning Sunday, June 6! It runs from 8am to around noon and welcomes the whole neighborhood to enjoy fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers grown by local Hmong farmers.
Each week, volunteer hosts from St. John’s are needed to help make this market happen. Hosts welcome customers and farmers and assist in communication when needed. The last volunteer at 11:00 should also be prepared to drive 3 bins of produce to First Nations Kitchen following the close of the market at noon. (Directions are provided.)
Fields to Families Ministry: Donations provide direct assistance to our hunger relief partners, such as First Nations Kitchen and Hallie Q. Brown Food Shelf. A very generous donor has offered a $1,500 matching grant. To help us meet our side, you can give online, send checks to the church office (marked “Farmer’s Market”), or give in the cash box available at the market every Sunday.
Covid Safety: Shoppers will be asked to follow the following safety protocols:
- Wear a mask. Disposable masks are available.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and exit.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
- Follow the directions of the farmers when selecting produce and paying with cash for goods.
- Electronic payment is available. See the instructions at the farmer’s stand to pay with credit card.
- No Pets Allowed