Sundays from 11:30am-1pm, October 17 through November 21. Meets on Zoom and in the Fireside Room.
These classes aren’t just for newcomers to St. John’s or the Episcopal faith! They’re strongly recommended for anyone preparing for the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, or Matrimony, and they are a useful opportunity for longtime parishioners to refresh their understanding of our tradition. Please RSVP to [email protected].
Anyone may attend one or all sessions. The topics include:
- Session One: Jesus & the Church
- Session Two: Episcopal Identity
- Session Three: Episcopal Authority
- Session Four: Episcopal Worship and Spirituality
- Session Five: Episcopal Temperament
- Session Six: Episcopal Polity and Wrap-Up
In the end, all we do as Christians, Anglicans, Episcopalians, and members of St. John’s is geared toward helping us be better disciples and followers of Jesus, and to equip us to serve God’s mission in the world. The Basics classes are designed to strengthen the foundation of this mission.