Streaming Media Coordinator
Part Time (.25 FTE or 10 hrs/wk)
Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in Saint Paul, Minnesota seeks an organized, competent, and patient individual for a part time Streaming Media Coordinator to operate, prepare, and train others to run our streaming services on Sundays and as needed. The Streaming Media Coordinator (hereafter “the Coordinator”) will function as team lead for a group of Saint John’s parishioners/volunteers and join with them in the work of executing both rehearsals and the streaming worship service. This position reports to the Executive Administrator who reports to the Rector (Priest in Charge). This position will work closely both with the communication and administrative staff of the Church as well as the clergy and worship leaders of the church.
The Coordinator shall:
- Have demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining a Microsoft based operating system.
- Possess experience operating the Vmix media editing and broadcasting suite of software or its equivalent.
- Have demonstrated experience in diagnosing and remedying both software and hardware issues as they arise in our system.
- Be experienced leading and being a constructive member of a team and/or training/coaching volunteers.
- Understand the basics of audio/visual equipment and its care.
- Have some knowledge and experience of Christian worship in the Episcopal tradition.
- Benefit from project management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Duties Include, but are not limited to
The Coordinator shall:
- Meet weekly with the worship staff to develop a script for the streaming liturgy,
- Update and edit worship “Slides” for Sunday worship
- Recruit, train and mentor the volunteers who will join in the operating of Sunday worship and/or rehearsals,
- Organize and be available for troubleshooting with any remote VMix participants
- Attend weekly essential meetings and any seasonal strategy meetings, retreats, or other meetings as needed,
- Be available for once weekly rehearsal, arriving early for any necessary sound check, camera positioning, etc,
- Be present and ready for Sunday morning streaming of services,
- Plan for and be present at special worship services such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, and seasonal Evensongs and other events.
- Support work of the communications team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications are requested by Jul 31, 2021. Please send resume and cover letter along with any professional and character references to Sarah Dull at [email protected]