Holy Apostles Craft Fair &
At St. John’s, we are proud and honored to have Holy Apostles as our companion parish. In ten short years, Holy Apostles has grown from a very small congregation on the verge of closing to a vibrant Christian community led by exceptionally talented Hmong elders and leaders. They take seriously the development and formation of their youngest congregants and serve over 150 children, including 93 under the age of 5.
Unfortunately, water issues in their basement have left them with little in the way of materials for their children’s program. Now that they have worked hard to repair the issues and invested in preventative landscaping, they are ready to reinvest in the interior classroom and programming spaces.
For those things they cannot accomplish through volunteer efforts, they will be fundraising by selling homemade crafts and their delicious egg rolls at St. John’s on Sunday, September 27 in the Gym. Come enjoy delicious egg rolls and get a jump on school and Christmas shopping! They will have hats, scarves and mittens that you can donate to the homeless through The Family Place.
They are also interested in donations based on their wish list items (new, unused items, please):
- Flatscreen TV, DVD player, TV stand
- Large cork bulletin boards
- Toys such as Lego table, doll house, play kitchen
- Religious movies & videos for kids
- Art supplies such as washable paint, rolls of paper, easels
- Kids’ area rugs or play mats
- Baby gear such as changing table, playpen, jumper/bouncer
- Furniture such as rocking chair, book shelf, shoe organizer, couches and lounging chairs
If you are unable to attend the fair, you may also make a donation of funds in the offering plate or at the church office, made out to Holy Apostles.
Please join them in this effort to serve their children. They welcome your interest and partnership!