The needs of the Hallie Q. Brown Food Shelf are greater than ever. They are serving over 1,000 households every month. We appreciate your financial donation. (Choose “Non-Pledged Donation” as the fund and put “Food Shelf” in the memo line.)
St. John’s partners with Hallie Q. Brown Community Center, the “lighthouse of the community” since 1929, to support our neighbors. We follow their lead by connecting the resources of our parish to support their food shelf, their clothing closet, and recruiting volunteers for needs as they arise.
Current (and upcoming) Needs at HQB (as of 10/21/23)
- Fall/winter clothing for the Clothing Closet
- As you get ready to switch over your closet in anticipation of cooler weather, see what you want to let go of for this fall. HQB will accept 2 bags of clothes per delivery, M-F, 9:00-5:00. Contact Patty Byrne Pfalz for help donating clothing.
- Hallieween 10/29
- A community Halloween party. Fun activities for kids and families. Costumes optional. Contact Patty for volunteer opportunities.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Food and Toy Drives coming up!
- See the parish calendar for more info.